Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas in Atlanta - Arrival & Christmas Eve

The Friday before Christmas Bryan, Brylee, and I packed up for a nine day trip to Atlanta to be with my family. Although we had seen my family several times in the fall, we hadn't been to Atlanta since June. Needless to say, I was very excited! But trying to figure out how to pack enough stuff and all of our Christmas presents without paying the airlines an arm and a leg was a daunting task!
As soon as we got to my parents house, we realized how much of it was not baby proof. We covered the stone fireplace with a quilt, which enticed Brylee to climb up onto the fireplace even more. She also loved climbing the stairs. We had to make a run to Target to get outlet covers and cabinet locks. It didn't help that she mastered walking about 1 week before Christmas!
She loved my parents Christmas tree, which had MANY more ornaments on it than ours!

The morning of Christmas Eve, Brylee slept in late enough that I decided to wake her. She was so cute cuddling with her bear, that I had to snap a pic. She was such a great sleeper our entire trip, staying true to her schedule and the ease of putting her to bed at night.
We had such great weather while we were in Atlanta, and spent a lot of time outside. The morning of Christmas Eve, we headed to the local mall to take the inaugural picture with Santa.
Brylee looked so pretty in her white sweater dress and red tights.
But it was not love at first sight!
She was so focused on getting down that she at least kept her bow in her hair!
They suggested I try to sit with her, which obviously did not help.
And after several minutes of screaming, Santa became a little uninterested. Ha!
Although she did not love Santa, Brylee did love my parents' dog, Abby! And Abby was so good about letting Brylee pet & love all over her!
We decided to have our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve night! What a great idea. We enjoyed such good food. This year, each family member had to make some sort of food contribution to either Christmas Eve dinner or Christmas day brunch. My contribution to dinner was twice baked potatoes!
Brylee enjoyed casually playing on Christmas Eve. I had good intentions of putting out milk and cookies,  but our evening got away from us and her 8:30 bedtime snuck up on me before I made a plate. We'll have to save that tradition to start next year! Oops
Just for fun, we decided to have a Chinese Gift Exchange on Christmas Eve.



Bryan's contribution to the Christmas brunch was home-made cinnamon rolls!

My sweet grandma stayed with us for the week of Christmas!
Despite not getting any milk or cookies, Santa still managed to leave many gifts for the entire family! We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment