Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas in Atlanta - Christmas Day

Because Christmas Day was on a Sunday, our family decided to re-arrange the order of our typical Christmas day slightly. Brylee slept until her usually time of 7:30 or 8, and woke up happy.
My mom and I were way more excited for Brylee to wake up on Christmas morning than she actually was! I guess a 13 month old still has no idea what is going on.
She was initially curious at all the colors and boxes that were in the way of her walking up to the tree to play with the ornaments. And then she noticed the big stuffed giraffe under the tree. Like usual, she was cautious at first before she decided it was ok to give the stuffed toy a hug.
My dad is a fairly new elder at my parents' church, and my mom rarely gets a chance to show off her entire family to her friends at church. So we all agreed it would be fun to worship together at my parents church before we opened presents. When we came home from church, we took several family pictures before we put our pajama clothes back on to open Christmas presents.



This is my brother, David, and his new fiance, Emily! I am very excited to have a new sister-in-law soon!
The Boys - Bryan, Dad, Andrew, David
Meme & Gramps
Grandma and her grandkids
Oh, how I love my family!
Grandma and her only great-grandchild!
We've started a fairly new tradition of having a big Christmas Day breakfast, which is usually followed by a late afternoon big Christmas dinner. Since we headed to church Christmas morning, we re-arranged our meal times and had our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and moved Christmas breakfast to a big afternoon brunch. It was perfect!
After brunch, we started opening gifts. Since Brylee is too young to understand, and the rest of us are old enough to be patient, we thought saving gifts until the afternoon would give us more time to relax and take our time so we wouldn't feel rushed. It was perfect! As usual, my dad passed out presents one at a time and we enjoyed gift giving to each other!
My sweet mom
Brylee took an early afternoon nap right after lunch and missed the first few minutes of opening gifts. Once she woke up, it took her a few minutes to warm up to the idea of opening presents.

Eventually she warmed up to the idea of getting new toys!




We all enjoyed a relaxed day and felt very blessed by each other! We spent the evening eating leftovers, playing games, and enjoying all the new toys!

1 comment: