Thursday, January 19, 2012

New Year...New Toys...New Room!

Until recently, we have been able to contain most of Brylee's toys along the wall in the living room behind our couches. But with her first birthday and Christmas gifts arriving within 1 month of each other, the toy area exploded! I was not ok with losing my living room to an unorganized mess of toys.
 For the last year we have had an empty formal dining area, and no clear direction of how to use it. Formal dining furniture (that I like) has not been in our budget, and having a large formal dining table isn't super practical, seeing as how we go to our parents' house for bigger family gatherings. So our empty dining room recently turned into this...

A new playroom!
 This room is directly off the front entry, so we used shelving to separate the spaces.
 I've never painted a room quite as bold as this blue, but I love it! It makes the space so fun. I obviously have some more decorating to do, and plan to make it a little more "girly" while it's just for Brylee. Eventually, it will be the perfect gender neutral room for multiple kids' toys.
 The storage is my favorite part! It is tall enough that I can store away toys that I don't want Brylee to get to, but she is able to get to any books or toys on the first 3 shelves.
 I think I need a new light fixture...
 The room is right off the kitchen and opens up to the living room, so I can play with Brylee on the rug and still see the TV or talk to Bryan in the other room. She loves making a mess in her new room....
...and I love cleaning it up and re-organizing it! A perfect match!

3 comments:

  1. Love the blue and especially the organizational shelving. I am a sucker for some good organization. :) What a great idea for that big space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks awesome! I love it. And, I love the organizational shelving, as well. So great. I love that mini Ikea chair. It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cute!!! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete