Thursday, April 28, 2011

I quit....

...my job!









Yes, I really did.









Last Wednesday I officially turned in my 30 day notice of my intent to resign from my full time position. However, I am not completely quitting work all together. I am changing from a full time position to a PRN position, which is basically like a substitute teacher, but in the medical profession. I am planning to work for several different companies, hopefully about 2-3 days per week. This will give me some continued income to help financially support my family, a continued outlet to help feel like I am contributing to society, and some extra time at home to be with my sweet baby.



There have been many signs the last several weeks making me lean towards wanting to stay home more with Brylee. I love my job and the team I work with, but my first baby is only a baby once. I feel very blessed to have a job that allows for this kind of flexibility, and it will allow me to stay sharp with my physical therapy skills for when I return to a more consistent working basis once my kids start school.



I am praying that this is a smooth transition and that it brings me more peace, and not stress by the new changes. I am excited and thankful that my manager is so supportive and encouraging of this change. It makes me feel like I am making the right decision.



It is scary to resign from my job, but I am confident that this is the right decision for me and my family. Here's to spending more time for myself & with my baby!

3 comments:

  1. How exciting!! I will pray for you guys through this transition. I'm sure it will be great for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited! I know you will have more time with that sweet girl! Praying the transition goes smoothly! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so great Jamie! Call me and we can have play dates after you tackle your to dos.

    ReplyDelete