Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Just before Easter weekend, Brylee got her first Easter package in the mail from the Atlanta Easter bunny. My mom sent some sweet goodies for Brylee...but of course, Bryan and I will help her eat the cookies and candy she's not quite ready for!

Thank You, Meme & Gramps!


After work on Friday, we loaded up the car and drove to Abilene for Easter weekend. We had a good time hanging out with Bryan's family. It was a great weekend to just hang around the house with cousins, aunts, uncles, and siblings. Brylee got a lot of loving, and Bryan and I got a break from 24/7 baby duty.


Nanny and Brylee spent some quality time together

Her Uncle David was making her laugh so hard! We were all cracking up!The two girl cousins have to stick together!


A self-portrait taken by a nine year old...love what you find on your camera when you get home!


Brylee opening her Easter basket from Nanny

She was so curious about this little bunny

And now loves her new toy!

Saturday afternoon Bryan's mom fixed a big Easter lunch, and we spent the afternoon outside playing games & talking!

Our first family Easter!

My sweet girl was very interested in watching the other cousins run around


Her cousins were super sweet...they would find the Easter eggs hidden in the yard then come put them in Brylee's basket. It saved me from having to walk around the yard, and they felt like they were really helping!Brylee is getting really close to being able to sit up on her own. She can hold it momentarily, then usually reaches for something & topples over!


The dog thought she could sneak a few Easter eggs without Brylee noticing


Sunday morning we went to worship at Bryan's parents' church in Abilene. The last time we were there, Brylee was much younger and slept through the entire service. This time, about half way through, she started squealing & screaming and had to be excused and headed to the nursery with Nanny. I didn't realized how thankful I am for our home church full of new babies, all of whom scream and make noise. I never noticed how loud our baby sounded in church until she was the only one there screaming!

We got home Sunday evening, and I hadn't had a chance to color Easter eggs yet. It has been a tradition as long as I can remember to color Easter eggs in my family, so Bryan indulged me and we quickly colored some hard boiled eggs.

Brylee was a trooper, and after a long day she was able to see the eggs get colored right before she had a melt down because she was so exhausted. Our tuckered out girl had a full weekend of fun and family.

As each new holiday comes, I realized more and more how much more fun they are celebrating with a little one. It's hard to imagine Christ loves me more than I love this girl! Thankful He gave us His death, and has given me life!


No comments:

Post a Comment