Monday, April 4, 2011

Baby Dedication

We just LOVE our church family, and realize now how important it is to have supportive Christian people in our lives to help us along as new parents. Our goal is to raise our family in a way that will honor Christ, and it is so encouraging to belong to a church who supports us in that effort.


Greenville Oaks held a Baby Dedication Sunday last week, and all the new babies born since last fall were invited to be a part of this day. In the past, I usually get emotional during days like these, thinking about what an important committment it is to declare you are trying to raise your child in a Christ-like manor. But as a new parent, all you are really worried about is how your baby will behave on stage and trying to keep her happy and not screaming! Truthfully, it was still emotional, and as we recited our committment to honor God with our children and strive for a Christ-centered home, I choked back a tear or two.


Brylee was pretty happy when we first walked on stage We joined the other families in reciting a pledge committing ourselves to raise our children knowing God Sweet Brylee required a paci by the end of our stage presence!
We were actually saying a prayer here, and although it looks like I am playing with Brylee, we were really holding hands as a family
I am honored to be a part of a church who takes these committments so seriously, and who, as a church family, is also committed to helping us raise our children to know the Lord. Now I just pray we can live out our committment and teach Brylee the most important relationship she will have in her life - one with her Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. I never realized how important this day was until I had Finn. I choked back tears too, even this time. Especially since I've been frustrated with Finn's sleeping it was so refreshing to remember that he is just a little gift from God for me to take care of. Congrats to Brylee on this special day!

    ReplyDelete