Monday, June 28, 2010

We're having a GIRL!

So Baby Brokaw is 99.9% a Girl! (at least that is what the sonogram technician told us!) We didn't see the doctor today, but according to the sonogram tech we're having a healthy, growing, baby girl. I'm measuring 19 weeks and 5 days, and according to my due date, I'm 19 weeks and 1 day, so our girl is growing right on schedule. She is approximately 11 ounces, with all of her major functioning parts. The sonogram technician started talking to us very vaguely about what she was seeing, and I told her I was a physical therapist and would love it if she could explain everything more specifically, as I was curious to see all of her growing anatomy. She told us the brain looked great with both hemispheres forming. The heart had all 4 chambers, which was amazing to see it pumping! We could see fluid in both the bladder and the stomach, which meant Baby Brokaw was eating & had good kidney funciton already. The spine looked good, with all four limbs!
Here is our girl's profile, keeping her hand by her mouth
Her little foot...so cute to a new mother to be!

Although this is kind of creepy looking, this is her face looking straight at you
She said the placenta is in front but up high, which is probably why I have only felt her move just a little so far. Baby Brokaw is currently head up, so we're hoping she does summersaults in the next few months before she gets too big to move around. We saw her moving a little today, but she seemed perfectly content chillin' with her feet crossed and her hands up by her face. She just looked so cute!
Hopefully we will have a name picked out soon! Our
plan is to call her by name for a couple of weeks ourselves to make sure it "fits" before the big reveal.
We already can't wait to meet our new baby girl!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh....congrats! We are so excited for you two! What a special time for you as you plan now for this precious baby girl! You will be great parents! Happy to hear that Emma will have a girlfriend to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have lied at my sonogram and said I was a PT so they would tell me all that fun stuff too! That is exactly what we did with the name, I had to think about it for about two weeks and call him that and write it down before I could make my final decision- good plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, we are SO SO SO EXCITED for you!! You guys are going to be such great parents, she's one lucky little girl already! :) I'm so thankful everything is still looking happy & healthy! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for girls!!!! The profile shot is so good. Collin and I tried out Lorelai's name for about 6 weeks before we revealed it also. It really helped us to make sure it was right! We even tried it out in the hospital just in case it didn't fit her. I'm so excited for you guys.

    ReplyDelete