Sunday, June 27, 2010

Father's Day Memories

Last weekend Bryan's parents and sister (with family) met in Dallas on Saturday to "swap" children. Bryan's parents had kept our niece & nephew for a week while Lisa & David were in Mexico on vacation. Wylie is sort of in between Abilene (where Bryan's parents live) and Tyler (where Bryan's sister lives), so our place is often a nice meeting location for everyone. We didn't do much....we swam and ate Saturday night, went to church on Sunday, and had a sweet memorial for Bryan's grandfather Sunday afternoon. Bryan's Grandpa Hammitt passed away not quite two years ago, and on Father's day his family celebrated his memory by releasing balloons at 3:00pm wherever they were. So on July 20, ten balloons graced the skies of Wylie, Texas in memory of Robert Hammitt.
Our sweet nephew & niece, Todd & Jillian

Jillian spoke some very sweet words about Father's Day and Grandpa Hammitt



Bryan's Grandpa Hammitt was very fun-loving and always joyful


Here is my Grandaddy Fisher who passed away several years ago when I was in college. We miss and love him!

I'll also take this time to honor both of our current fathers. Bryan's "Papo," as Bryan likes to call him, has been like a second father-figure to me during college. Since Bryan's parents live in Abilene, Bryan's dad would help me out when it came to "Dad" stuff, like cars & home repairs, since my dad lived farther away. Not to mention, Bryan's dad raised such a good, Godly man I like to call my Husband! Thanks, Ed.


My dad is the best father in the world! Him and my mom actually just got home from a mission trip in Mexico, where my dad used his Spanish-speaking skills to help their team communicate. He is so giving, and volunteers regularly with church & the community. I can't wait for both of these fathers to become grandfathers in a few months!


And just a shout out to my husband, and father-to-be....
Although we didn't consider this year our first Mother's or Father's Day, I can't wait until Bryan becomes a father...I love him so much already, and can't imagine how much more I'll love him as a father! 21 weeks left, and counting!
And get your last predictions in....we find out tomorrow morning if we're having a Boy or Girl!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for blog updates - cute post. Can't wait to find out what baby B is!!!!! I'll say... umm.. girl?!? We'll see!

    ReplyDelete