Sunday, October 16, 2011

Husband brag...

I am going to use this opportunity to brag about my husband.  I try not to make this blog a gallery to showcase how amazing my family is (although I do think they are amazing).  But I am going to shamelessly plug how hard my husband has been working lately and the reward we are getting for all of his hard work.
For the last six months, we have had this picture taped to our bathroom mirror. It is a page ripped out of a catalog that Edward Jones sends out to its employees at the beginning of each year. Bryan has worked for Edward Jones for a little over 6 years, 3 of which we have been here in Wylie at the branch he started in the summer of 2008. Ever since his first year of employment, he has been compensated with 100% commission.  To say the first few years were tough was an understatement, especially when I was not working and in grad school full time. But somehow he stuck with it when a lot of people couldn't and has made it work, both for his clients and for our family. And now we are finally starting to see some of the benefits other Edward Jones veterans have been telling us about for all these years.

 Not only does he not have a "boss," which has allowed his work schedule to be flexible (especially these last few weeks when he has needed to leave at 1 to make a Texas Ranger's playoff baseball game), but he won our first Diversification Trip. Edward Jones financial advisers have the opportunity to qualify for winning a trip every six months (which means up to two trips a yaer!), based on a certain level of commission they make during the qualifying six month period. We had the goal of going to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for an all inclusive week long vacation since the catalog came out. And last Tuesday, Bryan was able to officially book our vacation for this Spring.
To say I am excited is an understatement. We have not been on a vacation just the two of us since May of 2009. Brylee is going to stay with my parents for a week, and I am going to get a good book and relax by this amazing pool! But more than being excited about a week away, I am sure proud of how hard my husband works, and for not having a "Plan B" all those early years when it would have been easy to give up! Here's to Puerto Vallarta, and many more Diversification Trips in the years to come!

2 comments:

  1. So neat! That is where we went on our honeymoon. That will be so nice for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That so great Bryan!! I know how it takes the whole family to make sacrifices sometimes to make a business work and I'm really happy for yall!

    ReplyDelete