Tuesday, October 26, 2010

26 Days?

So I normally don't look at the baby tracker on the top of this blog, but today it definitely caught my eye when it said "26 days left"! How can that be. It seems like just yesterday we were telling our family & friends about being pregnant. This pregnancy has flown by, to say the least. Which, keeping our baby a secret for about 4 months probably helped!


Bryan and I are getting really excited, and are still having a hard time imagining how this growing belly is actually going to turn into our own baby girl. This weekend we started getting ready for Brylee's big debut, semi-packing our bags, putting the car seat in the car, and of course, getting ready for the World Series!


Bryan is the biggest Texas Rangers baseball fan I know, and he is more than excited that they are playing in the world series. We both have tickets for Saturday night's game, and then Bryan has a ticket for Sunday night & Monday night. There is a slight bet whether Bryan will cry more if the Rangers win the World Series or at the birth of his daughter. And he has had many friends guarantee him I will go in to labor during one of the World Series games and he will have to make a choice whether to go to the game or take me to the hospital! For all of our sake, I'm praying Brylee waits until at least next Tuesday to make her debut.


I went to the doctor today, and got some good news, which included being dilated to 3-4 cm & 80-90% effaced already! Not that that necessarily means labor is imminent this week, but it does encourage me that hopefully I wont have a terribly long labor once this whole thing starts! The doctor gave me the ok to keep working & go to the Rangers game Saturday night, as long as I have an "escape" plan in case I get a little too excited Saturday. My mom delivered me and both of my two brothers at 37 weeks, which is this Sunday, so I am on a bit more "high alert" than normal. Bryan has been out of town this week from Sunday through Wednesday, and our biggest prayer was that Brylee wouldn't chose to come while he was gone. So far, she has listened to our request.


Brylee, we can't wait to meet you soon!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you are so close either!! And I'm so excited to hear that you are making progress! You are so right...it is SUCH a great feeling to know that whenever your labor starts you aren't starting from a 1! You are in my thoughts & prayers! Love ya & keep me updated!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I am just now catching up on your blog. I cannot believe you are SO close!!! It really could be any day. Can't wait to meet baby Brylee!!!!

    ReplyDelete