Friday, June 1, 2012

Brylee's First Hair Cut

For several weeks I have been wanting to get Brylee's hair trimmed. I want it to keep growing long, but it had started to get a little wild and mullet-like, and the baby strands had a mind of their own. I also had several people tell me that once you cut it, her hair will start growing a little thicker and fuller (although I don't have really high hopes of her having thick hair based on her mama & daddy's hair!). And although I wanted it trimmed so the ends were even, I also didn't want to spend $20 for someone to snip a few strands...

...so I decided to do it myself!

After her bath Thursday night, I just combed it straight down in the back and used some hair trimming scissors I have for some unknown reason and just trimmed off the long stringy baby strands!

I was pretty nervous at first, but it took me all of 2 minutes to trim the ends and even it up a little bit. Her hair curls up in the back anyways, so I was not too worried about it having to be perfect.




There you have it... a crying-free first hair cut for free! And a pretty cute, blonde headed girl, don't you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment