Friday, May 25, 2012

Week In Atlanta

A few weeks ago Brylee and I loaded up our car and hit I-20 at 2am Saturday morning headed to Atlanta! My brother was getting married the next weekend, so we decided to arrive a week early and help out a little. Brylee still can fly for free, but we decided to drive to save a little bit of money and mostly to have our car in Atlanta for the week for a little more flexibility. The road trip went great! Our first stop was 1/2 way through the trip at 8am for breakfast. We then stopped two more times for lunch and a break from the car, and arrived in Atlanta before dinner time.

We did a lot of cleaning and wedding prep during the days, and spent casual time with family in the evenings. Brylee was going to be the flower girl in the wedding, so we had to "practice" wearing the all tulle, hand-made dress a few nights before the wedding. Doesn't she look adorable! More on that to come...


My family was all working Monday-Wednesday, so Brylee was my little helper around the house. We turned my parents bedroom/bathroom into a bridal suite for the girls on Saturday, and deep cleaned the basement for guests to use as needed. As you can see, Brylee was a great helper...


Abby, our family dog, was such a good sport all week. She's getting pretty old, and was pretty tolerant of Brylee having her way with her!




I could tell Brylee remembered my parents a little more this trip, and was more familiar with their house after spending a week by herself there in March.

This is four generations of Stonieckis - Grandma, Dad, Me, & Brylee

And Brylee loved playing with my other grandmother all week who has been staying with my parents.

We had a such a great week getting ready for my brother's big day. Bryan flew in and joined us on Friday morning. Thank goodness he was there to drive home with us, because I was not nearly as excited about driving home as I was about leaving. I think we were all exhausted from such a fun week!

1 comment:

  1. Jamie, I loved all the pictures! Such a beautiful wedding. Brylee was adorable (as usual). What a great time you all had-looked like a very fun week. See you this week-end! Jan

    ReplyDelete