Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Purple, White...Fight, Fight, Fight!

This past Saturday, ACU played football against the University of North Alabama at the Cowboy's Stadium. Bryan, being a huge ACU football fan, and as a family, being enthusiastic ACU alumni, we headed to the stadium to cheer on our Wildcats. We got there about an hour and a half early for an indoor pre-game party hosted by ACU on the very upper deck of the stadium.
 We went with our good friends, and fellow ACU die-hards, the Garretts
 We ate and talked with other friends we ran into while an earlier game was finishing
 As a non-neat-freak, I let Brylee crawl on the floor nearby, which she enjoyed much more than being held, and left both of my hands free to eat.  It is sometimes a rare occasion these days to get to eat a meal with both of my hands! Ha!

 The game started at 4, and we arrived at about 2:15, which meant Brylee was going to miss her afternoon nap all together.  I was slightly worried I was going to have a zombie-child on my hands, but to my pleasant surprise, Brylee behaved so well while in our seats, then zonked out for about a 45 minute nap on my lap! She never does this!
 Besides getting hot and sweaty, this nap absolutely saved the rest of our evening at the game!
 When she woke up, her and I found a cozy seating area of backless couches, and spent part of the 3rd quarter eating her dinner.
 We returned to the stands a happy camper, and tried our best to cheer the Wildcats on to a victory.
 I did my best to get a few pictures of her purple and white outfit, bow included...
 ...but about 10 seconds after I put the bow on her head, she takes it right off...
 ...and we're back to this! Oh, well.

 Unfortunately, ACU lost, but we had a good time and a great experience in such a big arena.
We sat with these good friends, and are thankful for such a great college experience like we had at ACU!


1 comment: