Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Five Year Anniversary Weekend

Last weekend, officially June 3, Bryan and I celebrated five years of marriage. We had such a great weekend, full of activities, and some good quality time between just the two of us.


Originally, we had planned on waiting until the day after our acutal anniversay and going out Saturday night to celebrate. But due to Bryan's truck unexpectedly dieing last week, we called in our babysitters a day early. Bryan's parents came to stay with us beginning Friday after work, and Bryan and I spent several hours car shopping Friday evening, followed by a late night casual anniversary dinner. Nanny & Papa spent the evening entertaining (or being entertained) by sweet Brylee.


We got a good amount of preliminary shopping done Friday night, but thought we would use our babysitters to their full potential and went back out to look at cars Saturday morning. We saw another couple car shopping with an infant, and it looked miserable! Just think...having to put the car seat in & out of each car you test drive, not to mention keeping the babe happy throughout the whole process.


We had planned on leaving the dealerships by 11 am, in order to have time to come home & get ready for our actual anniversary date, but we ended up finding a car we couldn't leave without. So we bought & drove home a 2011 Nissan Altima.


As soon as we got home, we turned around and left to head to downtown Ft. Worth for our anniversary date. We had no agenda....we just wanted to spend time together doing things we couldn't do when we had a baby with us. So we walked around down town, saw a movie, went shopping, had a nice dinner, and spent the night in Ft. Worth. I was very proud of myself, only checking in on Brylee once before her bed time. It helped that she was in very trustworthy hands. Sunday morning we slept in and had a casual breakfast downtown, then headed home.


Sunday was my birthday, but all I wanted to do was to stay home with my family and my baby, whom I hadn't seen in practically 36 hours! We had a very busy, productive, and fun anniversary weekend. And I can check off another first....my first overnight away from Brylee! It was very refreshing to get away, but I sure did love being with her when we got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment