Monday, May 23, 2011

Pre-School Year End

Last fall, our good friend Tara agreed to watch Brylee for us once I returned to work. While working out the arrangements for Tara to keep Brylee, it so happened that Brylee would be spending two days a week up at our church preschool. Tara is a teacher at Greenville Oaks Preschool, and because she watched Brylee Monday-Friday, Tara took Brylee up to school with her on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I wasn't sure what to expect from having my then 10 week old daughter traveling up to our church and spending time with other children all day. But what a blessing GO Preschool turned out to be. Brylee had the most wonderful teacher, Stacia, who loved on my baby every Tuesday and Thursday, and helped keep me up to date with Brylee's days through weekly emails. She made me feel 100% confident that my baby was in safe and loving arms, and if I wasn't going to be able to stay with her during the day, I'm so glad I had people like Tara and Stacia!


Brylee spent her Tuesdays and Thursdays in the preschool nursery with two of her new friends, Kinsley and Harper. Although it seems silly, I love it that my baby is developing social skills and friends, even at this age. Brylee was the youngest baby in the nursery, and "looked up" to the other sweet babes, learning and growing. She had a rough couple of weeks during the Spring time at preschool, but I am so thankful for Tara and everyone at school for helping her through it.


Every year, there is an end-of-the-year program the preschool hosts. It is a cute way for each class to sing a song and create a cute photo-op for all the parents. The last day of preschool was actually the week we were on vacation, but the program was just before we left. Brylee's "class," more accurately known as the "nursery" had a small part in the program, which was cute, and about all Brylee could handle at 7pm just before bedtime. She decided to be a little "needy" right during the program, and instead of riding down the isle seated in the crib with her classmates, Stacia had to hold her. Oh well...that's a baby for you.


Brylee actually will "graduate" preschool in the class of 2016, but Harper is a little older than the other two babies, so her graduation class of 2015 made the sign!
They all wore tutu's and matching butterfly shirts, doing a great job of being "tight-rope-walkers" down the center isle during the program, going along nicely with the circus theme.

The original plan was for the girls to sit in their bumbo seats in the crib while Stacia rolled them down the center isle. Brylee did not enjoy that view, and apparently preferred to be held. Despite a few tears, it was a good memory of her first time in preschool!

This summer we will adjust to our new routine. My plan is to stay home with Brylee half of the week, and work no more than 3 days each week. I have a "to-do" list a mile long, and am looking forward to being able to give more of my time to my family. We are so thankful we still have Tara to watch Brylee inconsistently through the summer, and we look forward to going to GO Preschool next fall!

1 comment: