Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 282 Pregnant...last day!

I honestly can't believe I made it to 40 weeks & 2 days pregnant! And today is the last day of my first pregnancy. What a good pregnancy this has been. Tomorrow we head to the hospital at 5:30 am to be induced. I was really hopeful it would not come to that (and I guess I still have about 8 hours to go into labor on my own), but apparently my little girl is a stubborn one! For the last 3 weeks we have been playing the "waiting game," with Bryan's cell phone available at all times, expecting to go into labor at any moment. Who can blame us... I have been dilated to 4cm & 100% effaced for the last two weeks! But for some reason, she is happy & content staying put despite my body trying to get ready.

I am very grateful for such a smooth pregnancy. I was not sick at all, minimally tired during that first trimester, and able to work all the way up to last Friday (1 day shy of my 40 week due date!) And honestly, as I ran errands with my family today and passed by my work, I thought to myself, I really could have been working today (although having this weekend to relax and be with family has been very nice).
I have to admit I am a little nervous about this whole induction thing tomorrow (which is funny, because I have not been nervous about going into an unplanned labor this entire time). But mostly, I am just excited to meet our little girl! I pray she is healthy, beautiful, and sweet natured. I pray I have caring nurses who help me through this. I pray for my anxious & excited husband who tells me every day he can't wait to meet his girl.
We can't wait for everyone to come meet Brylee! We will do our best about updating this blog and posting pictures of our baby as soon as possible. Thanks for all your thoughts & prayers ahead of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment