Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Brylee Olivia...Happy Birth Day!

November 23, 2010, was a very special day for the Brokaw Family. The following is a photo diary of the events of November 23

Last belly picture at 40 weeks & 3 days pregnant. We left for the hospital at 5 am for our scheduled induction.



They started pitocin at 6:30 am. The doctor broke my water and by 10 am I was really feeling the contractions, so asked for an epidural. After the epidural, I was feeling much better.
To make a long story short, after pushing for 2+ hours and getting no where, (the last hour was without the epidural because they clamped it off hoping it would help me push), we ended up having a semi-emergency C-section. I was very unhappy, overwhelmed, & upset at first, but ended up with the prize of my life at the end.

At 3:24 pm, we welcomed our precious baby girl, Brylee Olivia Brokaw into this world.
My doctor & the hospital were GREAT! I was so worried because of the C-section, they were going to take her away & I wasn't going to be able to enjoy her first moments of life. But they kept her about 8 feet from me the entire time, and Bryan was able to come & go between
the both of us.
She was a healthy, big baby, weighing 8 lbs and 15 oz (1 oz shy of being 9 lbs! Big Girl!) and 19.5 inches long.

What a beauty!

I knew I would be emotional when I saw her, but I cried with such tears of joy when I got to hold & kiss her
Our first family photo. I was so swollen & puffy with fluids & meds (and a lot of crying), so I could barely open my eyes or smile.
I even love her crying (which I'm sure I'll enjoy less & less at 4 in the morning!)
What a proud Daddy! Bryan did SO GOOD during the entire process. He was there for me the entire time, and although doesn't enjoy all things medical, he handled himself like a champ during the C-section!
My super proud parents, who became grandparents for the first time last Tuesday.
Bryan's parents who waited so patiently for their first chance to see their new granddaughter.
Bryan got to perform the first diaper change Tuesday night.

We had such a great hospital stay, with great nurses and such a great doctor. Although Brylee didn't enter this world exactly how we expected, she was born healthy & happy and we couldn't have asked for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment