Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Brylee's First "Vacation"

Friday, March 16, we loaded up the car at 4:45am to head to DFW airport for a 10 day trip. Our vacation began with flying to Atlanta to spend the weekend with my family. I was worried about how Brylee would do waking up so early for our 7:10am flight. We got her dressed & ate breakfast once we got to the airport, and just like clockwork, she fell asleep with me as the plane took off and woke up about 15 min before we landed. She was perfect! (Seeing as this is her 6th round-trip flight, she's getting used to the flying process). The weather was perfect, and we spent a lot of time outside with my family. My brother is getting married in May, and they are having a garden wedding in my parents backyard. Needless to say, there is a lot of work to be done!




Brylee absolutely LOVED being outside! My dad had a lot of dirt around the yard he is using for the garden, but Brylee thought it was her perfect sandbox!





It may not have been the best idea for my mom and I to be doing heavy yard work all day Saturday. We walked our 4th annual Atlanta 1/2 marathon Sunday morning. I love this time with my mom, and we plan on continuing this tradition as long as possible. 

Bryan and I were leaving for our Mexico vacation early Monday morning, so we had to say goodbye to our baby when we put her to bed Sunday night. I will admit I shed a tear or two, but knew Brylee would be in good hands with my parents for the week. We have left Brylee overnight before with Bryan's parents, but we were always within driving distance if she needed anything. Being out of the country with limited communication was going to be a challenge!

My mom did a great job of updating me daily through email, and sending me some sweet pictures of Brylee's day.

They had breakfast together every morning.


She loved playing this little piano.

And she enjoyed washing her hands (or playing..) in the kitchen sink.


My grandmother, (mom's mom) was staying with my parents, and Brylee loved playing babies and singing with her.

Again, she spent A LOT of time in the dirt...

...and the sink!



My parents were so smart to keep some of our favorite toys when we were kids.

I brought a few of Brylee's favorite DVDs with us, which she liked watching when my mom was preparing dinner.







I was so excited to see my sweet baby at the airport Sunday night when we returned.

Brylee had so much fun with her Meme and Gramps for the week. She slept like a champ, got spoiled with good food, and got a lot of attention. We were told we were going to have to take a vacation each year just so my parents could have her all to themselves for a week again. We flew home from Atlanta back to Dallas Monday morning, and Brylee did great again, simply playing in our laps. I had to work as soon as we got home, so Tuesday morning we jumped right back into our "normal" routine. More on our Mexico vacation...

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Glad Brylee did so well! Those pictures of her are so cute!

    ReplyDelete