Monday, February 6, 2012

Daily Happenings

The last few weeks have been fairly "normal." I have been working about 3 days each week, we have stayed in town, and Brylee is still growing like a weed.  Recently, we have been working on self-feeding with a spoon. Here are a few pictures in chronological order of her trying to figure out how to get pudding from the container, onto the spoon, then into her mouth.



 She couldn't figure out how to keep the spoon facing upright, which meant a lot of the pudding was dumped onto her shirt!
 She also liked to use her left hand to guide the spoon held in her right hand into her mouth, which meant we had an even bigger mess!
 It's common for me to do a load of laundry or two on my days off. Well, one afternoon after Brylee woke up from her nap, and before I had finished putting the laundry away, I walked up to this...
 Yes, that is my underwear (clean, of course!) around my child's neck! She absolutely loves putting anything on her head or over her head onto her neck. Nothing like showing off a pair of underwear as a stunning necklace. She thought she was so funny, too!
 Brylee has recently fallen more in love with reading books. Her attention span is still very short, but she regularly brings Bryan and me books to flip through and then sits in our laps to read.

 Almost every night Brylee pulls down all the books in the playroom then sits in them all or walks all over them.
 I wanted to capture these moments on camera, and when I asked Brylee to smile at me...
 ...this is what I got! She smiled on cue, but when she did, she got really squinty-eyed! So I tried again, thinking I'd get a good picture the second try...
 ...and the squinting got worse! Ha! Bryan was convinced she was squinting in anticipation of the flash on my camera, because his eyes are very sensitive to light. (By the way...look at all of those teeth! Two on the bottom and four on the top, including the two top molars!)
 Then when Bryan got in on the squinting action, Brylee was not squinting! The squinting only came with on-command smiling! She was too distracted at her silly daddy to smile at me.
Life around here has been good.  We are still in the process of transitioning Brylee from two naps to one, which usually goes well, although she usually has a cranky period between 10-11, which was when her previous morning nap was. We're anticipating a fairly normal February,  followed by a busy and fun month of March traveling!

Happy Week

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Loved getting to eat with you the other day, we should do that more often.

    ReplyDelete