Monday, November 21, 2011

Celebratory Visit

Last year at this time my parents came to visit from Atlanta to welcome one very special girl into this world. This year, they returned to celebrate the first birthday of our sweet Brylee. My mom came Wednesday evening to hang out and play with us the end of the week, and help me make some goodies for Brylee's birthday party (which I will share pictures of in another post). My dad flew in Saturday morning before the party, and Bryan's parents & sister came into town for the day Saturday. Here is our weekend summed up in pictures of our sweet 1 year old!

Recently Brylee discovered that she can flop around on her glider when I rock it slightly violently..she LOVES it!
 She also LOVES to be upside down....future gymnast?
 And our sweet girl frequently chooses her bible over any other book to read!
 We went to the park to get out of the house for a while...I'm loving that it is finally fall and we can wear sweatshirts without sweating!


 So I realize I barely fit on this slide, but momma and baby had to go together!
 My little dare-devil has learned how to climb stairs pretty well, and loves climbing to the top of the playground. (don't worry...I'm right behind her in this picture!)
 Look at that hair...
 "I made it to the top!  Look at me!"

 She is so close to walking, and has taken about 2-3 steps on her own, and is almost standing up without pulling up on something.

 After her birthday party Saturday, she got plenty of loving and playing with all four grandparents, which is a rare occasion since one set lives in Atlanta and the other in Abilene! One lucky girl!
 Discovering her new toys...
 My dad showing her how to ride the Dino

 Happy Baby...or should I say Big Girl?
 Before my parents had to leave Monday night, we walked one last time to the park


 The ducks in our  neighborhood are not afraid of getting right up in your face if you have bread!

 Nor was Brylee afraid of following the ducks right into the pond...
 ...she got upset when I didn't let her go swimming!
 Back to the playground... happy girl!


 It was a little chilly, and we were butting up against nap time, therefore I got this reaction when Brylee didn't get her way!
 My mom recently had shoulder surgery, so she was limited on what she could do, including picking up Brylee. So they spent many moments playing on the floor together!


 And they took about 100 laps around the kitchen and living room in her new car...
 Around lap 50, she started getting tired and wanted her paci and Curious George...
 And around lap 100, she was practically asleep, laying her head on George!
We had such a good weekend, complete with keeping last year's tradition of putting up our Christmas house lights and Bryan's office Christmas decorations (althoug last year I was 1 day past my due date...this year we had to work around nap time!). More birthday party pictures to follow...

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures!! I cannot believe Brylee is 1 year old!!!!

    ReplyDelete