Tuesday, August 31, 2010

28 weeks...Doctor update

So we went to the doctor today for my glucose test and 28 week OB check-up. It wasn't bad at all. The drink tasted just like orange soda, with a slightly weird aftertaste. I find out on Thursday what my results are, and crossing my fingers all my sugar/sweets cravings don't mean I have gestetional diabetes.
As far as Brylee, she is looking good. I'm still feeling really good, without any complications. I'm still working full-time, doing all my "normal" job duties of a physical therapist working at a rehab center (meaning being on my feet all day and lifting people, although I am starting to off-load some of the "harder" patients to some of my co-workers). There have been a couple of instances this week when I have needed to get on the floor or look under a wheel chair, and have needed help back up. I'm sure that will only get worse as I continue to grow!
The only abnormal thing that my doctor found is that she told me I was dilated about 1 cm already. She said that could be normal, and some people just dilate early, and stay minimally dilated up until labor. But she wanted to see me next week to re-check and make sure I'm not actually showing any signs of continued dilation or pre-term labor.
My parents are coming in town this weekend to help us work on the nursery, and I'm very excited! My mom and I are going to make most of her bedding this weekend, and my dad and Bryan will assemble her furniture we picked up this week and paint the nusery. I know after having the empty room turn into a nursery this weekend will make it all seem so real! I can't wait.
I'll post belly pics and nursery pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment